Monday, April 27, 2009

Tooth ache?

I have a terrible tooth ache that just won't go away. I have already taken too much pain killers and tried orajel. How can I stop the pain?

Tooth ache?
A toothache that is spontaneous not induced by hot or cold means you have irreversible pulpitis. You will either need a root canal or an extraction. I usually will prescribe my patients an antibiotic and a pain killer (T3 or vicodin), that will usually get them through until I can get an appointment for them. I don't know what to tell you, if you have already taken a bunch of pain killers, if you haven't taken it already, Ibuprofen might work. My husband swished warm water around, but none of my other patients have had luck with his method. If you have a dentist, I would try to get a hold of them, and tell them your situation. They might be willing to call in a script for you.
Reply:well my friend, I have had this before, and to tell you the truth, the only way is to get a root canal. The thing is that root canals are highly feared, but it really isn't that bad, you will get the novacaine, or you will be put to sleep and what the dentist needs to do he/she will do. You will feel a stingy "tickle" on your teeth if you go with the novacaine, and being put to sleeep can cost up to 2.5 times more than the novacaine. Good Luck with the procedure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net